FREE TO USE GRAPHICS & RESOURCES
Lookin' for stuff to place upon your Carrd, Tumblr, Neocities, etc? I'm your guy!
I'm open for requests for everything you see here. Send me an ask on Tumblr for a divider, userbox, W/E! Please make sure to properly credit assets by linking back whenever possible!
General/Misc Resources These sites have all kinds of stuff and fit multiple categories.
Pat's Web Graphics was a site that hosted free web graphics alongside paid downloads for many years (1999-2008, I believe). The site itself is not operational now, but it's been nearly entirely preserved on the Web Archive. Contains backgrounds, dividers, transparent images, cursors, buttons, navigation arrows and more! Even though the site is technically gone, I think it's a great resource, and as far as I understand graphics from here should be fine to use; "free for you to place on your personal non-commercial website", but you must still obey the rules that Pat posted:
- Do not alter the graphics, except to add text to blank buttons.
- Do not place them in graphic collections or offer them as free downloads from your web site. (So, don't download a bunch of 'em and then post that ZIP file up for people, for example)
- You MUST link back. (Multiple pages have cute little buttons which you can use to do that, so try looking for one that matches the theme of your site.)
- PixabayStock image website that requires no attribution and everything is cleared for commercial use. You can find photos, vectors, pixel art, and all kinds of interesting transparent images here!
- Emojipedia — Website dedicated to emojis. Small emojis can make great favicons. Larger sized ones can be fun decorations, etc. There's literally thousands of useful images here, between all the different emoji vendors and different editions of emojis. I'm using small emojis as graphics for bullet points all over my site!
- MysmiliesWebsite dedicated to emojis that's been around for ages, with most uploads appearing to be from 2014 I think? You might recognize some of these little smilies from their usage all across the internet! Browse with some caution as there are rapidly flashing and not safe for work smilies in the collections.
- Timageddon — Tumblr blog posting all of the awesome assets from the game Hypnospace Outlaw, giving us an excellent resource of quirky and fun new assets that were made to imitate old web styles.
- FoolloversFoollovers is ESSENTIAL for button/graphic makers IMO. The site is in Japanese, so you'll need a translator browser extension to browse easily if you can't read it. They provide free wallpapers, menu buttons, dividers, pixels, icons, button bases, banners; Literally everything you could ever need. According to their rules, give a link back if you use anything in an edit.
- Pata2jp — Same as above, the site is in Japanese, so you'll need a translator browser extension to browse easily if you can't read it. They provide free GIFs, dividers, .MP4 video files you can edit, wallpapers and tons of other stuff. According to their rules, you can use the assets for any non-commercial websites as long as they don't have anything to do with religion, porn, or illegal activity.
- The Spriters' Resource (& Sister Sites)Another one that's absolutely essential, this is your premiere database if you want assets (sprites/models/cutscene artwork/etc) from games. This is actually a great place to find more assets of your favorite characters; Search up to see if they had an official game or two.
- Stock Images of the Internet from the 90s — Several stock photos depicting the internet from the 90s. These would work excellently for section backgrounds and stuff like that. I don't have information on who uploaded these or what particular library these are from, though.
Diabella's Cat Graphics A charming little site with TONS of adorable page dolls of cats, mice and dogs - regular and anthro. These are intended for personal web pages and animal welfare-focused sites. Do be warned that some images are rapidly flickering blinkies.
- Almost Free Pony Graphics — An Angelfire website archive, last updated in 2003. It has tons of My Little Pony assets that are original and should still be good to use!
The official US site for aibo Thre's a ton of great stuff here - Transparent images, mobile/PC backgrounds, and other assets featuring the robot dogs.
Littlest Pet Shop A small archive of graphics from the LPS website circa 2007-2009, put together by me.
- MyFigureCollection — The site says this: "MyFigureCollection.net is a service for Japanese pop-culture (anime, manga, video-games, etc.) goods (figures, artbooks, CDs, cups, collectibles, dakimakura, etc.) collectors." This is a great resource for more images of your favorite anime or mascot characters! If you need it, feel free to ask me to make images transparent for you.
Windows Desktop Themes The Wayback Machine has a nice collection of vintage desktop themes! Real vintage wallpapers, cursors, and icons can be found here. There's Ashita No Joe, Sonic The Hedgehog, Lain and more!
- Carrd-and-blog-resource is my Tumblr blog dedicated to web graphics that posts every day!
This is a compilation of graphics from MANY sources. I only reblog stuff that I know is okay to use in SOME fashion, but - It is your responsibility to look into the sources of each one and try to figure out where it's okay to use it. Some people don't want their work used off Tumblr. Things from video games, graphic sources like Canva, Pixabay, and PicsArt are fair game, but if it's something someone sat down and made, that work should be respected enough to be used in ways the OP is okay with.
Full Moon Graphics A really beautiful collection of one person's free graphics site which originally went down 5 years ago after being around since 1995. Each page has a set with general graphics, backgrounds, navigation buttons and other goodies.
- Flaticons — Stock website with THOUSANDS of simple little icons which make great favicons due to the choices you can make.
- My DeviantArt Gallery - Tinier icons optimized for sites like dA are posted here.
- oldinterneticons — Tumblr that posts actual old web icons, most saved over 10 years ago. Because of their age, original sources for the majority are lost. Some may contain rapidly flashing images, browse with caution. If a source is provided, make sure to check if the account has rules about icon usage.
- My Transparents Page — Miscellaneous transparent stuff, found or made by me.
- Pixabay — Gotta mention this again, because this is genuinely the best website to find transparent PNG images for decoration too! You can search just for vector graphics alone.
- 3dtext2gif — Made by the same person who made the classic "Internet Dance Party" site, this is a fairly detailed generator for transparent animated 3D text.
- Textcraft — Lets you generate word art, imitating the branding styles of different franchises. There's Pokemon, Grand Theft Auto, Deltarune, and more.
- Flamingtext — This is the source of that one animated fire font you might see on Tumblr. They have a TON of different presets for text that you can select. The fonts are pretty limited and it doesn't automatically save size/shadow settings, though.
- Glowtxt — This is my personal favorite wordart generator! There's about a million different styles of text pattern that you can select, and you can apply different kinds of animation including a subtle glowing animation that I really love the look of.
- Cursors4U — Classic/very old website for cursors. Cursors are user uploaded, so some aren't really accessible. Make sure to use your best judgement and avoid tiny cursors or ones that strobe rapidly.
- CursorMania Archive — One brave soul spent hours of their life manually downloading cursors from CursorMania, a classic website to download cursors from, and now you can download all of them in a zip or torrent! I haven't reviewed this entire file because of it's size. Same warning as above, use your best judgement and avoid using ones that aren't accessible.
- Web.badges.world — A huge collection of over 3000 80x15 buttons from various websites.
- Dust.kuchiki — Some really beautifully done buttons for your zodiac sign, favorite anime genre (and a few other things), made by a fellow Neocities user.
- My Blinkies Page - Custom-made blinkies that I purposefully make much slower than average to reduce eyestrain.
- Tiling Backgrounds on Pixabay — Backgrounds from the old official Invader Zim website, archived on the IZ fansite It's Not Stupid.