Box Your User
- Everything here is put together by me (unless otherwise stated). I use a lot of using free-for-use-without-attribution stock images from Pixabay and Canva.
- Linking back to me as credit is very important to me! Here's some website buttons you can use for that if you want.
- Expand the box below a userbox to copy the HTML code (if available) - or just right click to save the image if you're using on Carrd or wherever. (Not all userboxes are available in an HTML format, sorry!)
- Please don't edit the image versions of any of these in any way. If you want a different font (my defaults are Onyx and Arial) or for the text to be animated, ask me and I'll add it! Send me an ask on Tumblr or leave a message in the chatbox.
- If you're using the pure HTML version of a box you MUST also download any images present and save them to your own Neocities for them to work.
- (I intend to eventually add boxes where you can quickly copy/paste the code for each image so it's quick to put it on your site... This is a little monotonous though, so that will be a while until each page has that, sorry. For the time being you can open an image in a new tab and then put it into the Basic Code For An Image box's code, or download an image and upload it to your own Neocities.)
Actual Code Userboxes
|This user has no body, only a skull.|
- Userboxes were first introduced on on Wikipedia.
- Userboxes were originally crafted on Wikipedia as a part of the babel Inter-language effort, which is an attempt to aid communication for multilingual users. This way, other users who speak their language/s are easier to find - They're labeled with big labels, making it simpler to get to someone who can understand you.
- In 2016 or so, the practice of creating image-based userboxes spread to Tumblr. This lead to a new surge in the trend, and tons of blogs dedicated to making userboxes sprang up. Not very many of these are still active now, although there are still people who enjoy making new ones and will take requests in the present day (like me)!